Our climate is changing, and there is much discussion regarding the factors that are affecting this: pollution caused by man or by nature itself. Regardless of the causes, the changes are having a profound impact on our lives, with more frequent and stronger occurrences of natural disasters such as tornados, hurricanes, hail storms, tsunamis, earth quakes and volcanic activity. From a scientific perspective, more research is needed to better model, predict and warn the public of future events. The quality of this research in depends in part on access to ever more and accurate field data.
A TSAT satellite solution will enable research institutions and public safety agencies to cost effectively and reliably connect their remote stations and controls for:
- High resolution data acquisition from a wide range of sensors such as position (GPS), temperature, pressure, strain, level, distance (laser), speed and acceleration (broad and narrowband) sensors
- River, dam and reservoir level controls
- Coastal monitoring (tsunami) and alarming
- Earthquake detection and alarming
By deploying a TSAT based solution research institutions and public safety agencies will be realizing important benefits such as:
- Low operational costs, since TSAT enables tailoring of satellite bandwidth to actual application throughout requirements.
- Improved cyber security, since TSAT is implemented as private network, not connected to the internet.
- Maximum uptime, with no gaps in data collection, since TSAT networks can be implemented with geo-redundant and load-sharing HUBs.